OptionMetrics is hiring. Be part of an exceptionally creative and intelligent team of developers, quants and econometrics specialists collaborating on proprietary next-gen data and analytic products. We encourage true ownership over projects and reward innovation. Join the company distinguished by its passion for volatility, data and analytic excellence and the esteemed caliber of its clients, including hedge fund managers, institutional investors and academic institutions. Take your career to new heights.
NEW YORK, NY
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for day-to-day administration of the server and network infrastructure and related systems. The candidate must possess a professional demeanor, and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees, vendors and customers. The right candidate will have a successful track record of working independently with little supervision as well as within a team. Effective multi-tasking is a must. The candidate should be willing to work off-hours and on-call hours.
The qualified candidate will have:
- - Excellent first-line monitoring and troubleshooting skills with an eye towards improving processes to minimize issues
- - Expert understanding of the Windows 2008/2012 and Linux operating systems
- - Experience managing a small team of employees
- - Demonstrated experience with scripting and automation
- - Experience with a DevOps environment and tools, specifically TeamCity and Terraform
- - Demonstrated experience with SQL
- - 5+ years IT experience with strong understanding of IT infrastructure, theories, principles, and practices
- - Comfortable with OS and software installation, configuration and updating/patching
- - Current knowledge of systems security best practices and procedures
- - Good understanding of high-availability and disaster recovery architectures
- - Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- - Able to work independently in a high-pressure environment
- - Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- - Experience with building and monitoring systems in AWS
- - Experience with database administration is a plus
- - Understanding of network infrastructure
- - Prior desktop support experience
- - Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- - AWS Certification
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE
- - Extensive Windows/Linux Server administration experience with a minimum of 5 years technology related experience.
Candidates are required to provide proof of US citizenship, Permanent US residency, or classification as a protected individual as defined in 8 USC 1324b (a) (3).